Pinterest is a content sharing service where members “pin” images, videos and other objects to their pinboards. Pinterest also has standard social networking features so you can share with your friends. This weekend I will be demonstrating the features of Pinterest at the Algonquin Library. For more information on this session, visit our events calendar.
Pinterest members create virtual boards for different topics. Create a board for your hobbies, favorite restaurants, post your resume or to show off your professional portfolio. Search Pinterest for topics of interest. When you find an image or video you like, you can repin the object to one of your boards.
My Pinterest boards include food, travel and McHenry County happenings. Here is how you can get started with Pinterest.
How to create a Pinterest account:
- Open a web browser and type http://www.pinterest.com in the URL bar
- Create your Pinterest account by connecting with Facebook, Twitter or using an email address.
- Click on a few of the images that capture your attention
How to create a Pinterest board:
- Click “Add”
- Click “Create a Board”
- Enter your new board Name, select a category and add other pinners (those who can add pins to this board)
- Click “Create Board”
How to add Pinterest Pins to your board:
- Click “Add”
- Click “Add a Pin”
- Type or paste the URL
- Click “Find Images”
- Scroll and select an image
- Choose a board
- Enter a description up to 500 characters
- Click “Pin It”
Have fun with your new Pinterest boards and pin what is interesting to you. Share your pins with your friends on Facebook and Twitter for greater visibility. We are always interested in hearing your ideas for using Pinterest. Click on COMMENTS and tell us how you are using Pinerest for yourself or your business.
Enter your email in the box on the right and click subscribe for more tips on Pinterest and other social media tools.