FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: April M. Williams
THE ART OF CRAFT 2011 URWA WRITERS CONFERENCE PARK CITY, UTAH
Authors gather to share ideas and perfect their craft
ALGONQUIN, IL. July 12, 2011. – Authors, both new and experienced know it is hard to get your writing noticed. Thousands of books are published each year. How does a writer stand out from the crowd?
Recognizing the need for authors to find information on readers, publishers, and their competition, the Romance Writers of America® Utah Chapter presents Heart of the West authors conference. The two day conference will be held October 7 and 8, 2011 at The Canyons in Park City, Utah. Members and non-members are welcome to attend.
“For the price it’s a great conference, and this year we are focusing on the craft of writing so the lessons learned apply across all genres, “ said event organizer and author Lisa Deon.
Special guest authors Anne Stuart and Lani Diane Rich will be at the event and editors will be accepting pitches. The weekend events include presentations from published authors including:
- Lani Diane Rich/Lucy March,“Fueling Your Romance”
- Alastair Stephens, Storywonk Podcasts, “A Man’s Guide to Writing Men, for Women”
- John D. Brown, “Lessons on Story from The Hunger Games”
- Collaborations Panel, “How to work with someone you like and not kill them by the time you write The End”. Panel includes: Sisters, friends, spouses and insights from a mother/daughter writing team.
- April M. Williams, CyberLife Tutors, “Connect With the Write Stuff: Using social networking to build contacts, attract readers and sell books”
- Jenni Holbrook-Talty, Who Dares Wins Publishing , “Indie Publishers and Self Publishing”
- Anita Mumm, The Nelson Literary Agency , “Writing Strong Query Letters”
- Haley Stokes, Arch Editing, “POV: Pros and Cons”
Jennifer Talty, co-creator of Who Dares Wins Publishing with NY Times Best-Selling Author Bob Mayer will host a workshop covering the digital side of publishing and what this means to the 21st century author.. She runs the technical side of the business including all cover design and ebook file conversions. Her workshop will cover the digital side of publishing and what this means to the 21st century author.
About the Romance Writers of America® Utah Chapter: Utah RWA Meetings are held on the 3rd Saturday of every month, unless noted otherwise. Follow the conference on Twitter with hashtag #RWAHOW.
About April M. Williams: April M. Williams is a nationally recognized speaker, author, blogger and coach who has assisted hundreds of people in their career. By demonstrating the power of social networking tools, April shows clients how to leverage their strengths to enhance their careers. April published two books and numerous articles on career building as well as other related business topics. She has been featured in major publications including the Wall Street Journal, Project Management Institute, Savvy and Nations Restaurant News. April is a contributing editor to the Blacks Gone Geek IT forum and Hawaii travel website 808Talk. For information on upcoming events, visit CyberLife Tutors calendar.
EDITORS: If you would like more information about this topic or to schedule an interview with April M. Williams, please contact us at 414-502-7745 or http://www.cyberlifetutors.com/contact/.