Do you need more reasons to join a LinkedIn group?
For those who say they do not have time to network, here are some interesting statistics I read:
- Percentage of elite professionals (those earning more than $200,000 per year) who say networking impacts income, according to a study from Upwardly Mobile Inc. with the assistance of the Graziadio School of Business Management at Pepperdine University: 80%
- Percentage who believe a skilled networker could see up to a 100 percent increase in income: 58%
- Percentage of respondents who said networking is how they found their current job: 40%
LinkedIn members, know they can connect directly with other individuals. LinkedIn groups enable collective connections with others to engage in group dialog.
Here are five reasons to join a LinkedIn group:
- Learn from having rich discussions with others in your field, industry, geographic area, etc.
- Identify partnership opportunities
- Share best practices with other like-minded networkers
- Post job openings
- Build relationships to benefit from future employment or sales opportunities
To choose a LinkedIn group to join, search the ‘groups’ directory. You can choose from corporate, professional, industry, alumni, or geographic groups.
Join LinkedIn groups and network with others who are serious about managing their careers. You will learn and share ideas with industry experts. Members understand networking is not something you do for a short time to land a job. Networking is for life.
Post a question, offer your perspective, link to a career article or let us know about job openings. Send a note to the group and introduce yourself. What you put into the group will come back to you again and again.