Does your LinkedIn profile have a photo? People remember faces and your profile photo helps others recognize and remember you.
Did you ever attend a networking event then get an email from someone you met there several days later. When a photo accompanies the name, we are more likely to recall meeting the contact.
Here are best practices for choosing a LinkedIn profile photo:
- Photo should be high enough resolution so as to not look grainy
- Project a professional image
- Close up image so you can be recognized
- Image of you, not a group of people
- Photo of a person not a logo or graphic
- In good taste and not offensive according to generally accepted standards
- Upload only images you have rights to use
LinkedIn may remove your photo if they consider your image inappropriate. Follow the best practices above and you have no need to worry.
Include a photo in your LinkedIn profile and put your best face forward.
One thought on “LinkedIn Profile Photo”