Are you a McHenry County business owner who created a Twitter profile but do not have many followers? If so, I am talking to you. Yes, YOU.
It is time to take your tweets to the next level. Your message is amplified as your audience grows. I challenge to you magnify your message.
If you are new to Twitter, sign up and join the challenge. For those of you with more than 500 followers, you are welcome to join us too! One of my clients told me yesterday they followed these steps and have 800 Twitter followers in three weeks.
Here is my challenge to you! Set you goal to have 500 Twitter followers by April 15, 2011.
How do you get 500 Twitter users to follow you? Here is a simple 5 step plan to achieve your goal.
- Many Twitter users will follow those who follow them. So, gain followers by following others. Start by following your Twitter followers. I use Tweepi for this.
- Are you following me on Twitter? I will follow you back. My twitter names are @aprilmwilliams and @cyberlifetutors.
- Find a guru, or expert in your field. Follow their followers.
- Tweet interesting tweets. It’s a conversation out there on Twitter. Tweet some business messages and some interesting messages. Comment on the weather in Chicago, the Cubs or Soxs, links to articles in the news, etc.
- Write a comment on our blog below by clicking on “COMMENTS” and tell us you accepted the challenge. Don’t forget to give us your Twitter handle so we can follow you.
- BONUS TIP: After you add your Twitter handle to our blog, I’ll add you to my Tweeple to Follow Twitter list. Follow all the people on this list and see how many follow you back.
The challenge is on! Let me know how you are progressing. Who will be the first to reach 500 followers? Write another comment on our blog when you achieve your goal.
Want to learn more about using Twitter effectively? Be sure you do not miss an article, sign up for our Enews and Updates in the box on the right side of the page.