Facebook Profile Settings can be adjusted to restrict the amount of information you share with others. Some people are comfortable keeping a tight rein on their settings while others are less adverse to sharing. You can update your settings whichever way you choose.
To view or change your Facebook Profile Settings, start at your profile page.
- Profile page, select “About.
- Click on Edit to Restrict personal information in each “About You” section.
- I recommend you do not show your year of birth. This information can be used in identity thefts.
- Update “Contact info” to show only that information that you are comfortable displaying.
- Facebook Likes appear when Facebook automatically connects you with Community or Business Pages based on the music, books and movie you enter on your profile. To remove these references, visit the page and click “unlike”.
When these settings are adjusted to your satisfaction, be sure to click on “save”.