Do you wonder how some people gain direction, focus and momentum in their job search? How do they stay so motivated? What are they doing differently than you are? According to the Wall Street Journal, those who use a career coach find their next job 15%-46% faster than those who do not. Here are five benefits you can receive by hiring a career coach.
photo credit: opensourceway
1. Perspective: At times we can get so wrapped up in our day to day activities that we lose perspective. A coach will offer an outside opinion of how the world perceives you.
2. Assessment: Part of a coach’s job is to keep current on industries and trends. They can advise you on how your current skills align with today’s job market. They will help you learn more about yourself and your passion.
3. Goal Setting: You will define both tactical and strategic goals with your coach as well as a road map to achieve these. Together you will discuss your desired career path and lay out the plans to get you to your destination.
4. Motivation: Your coach is there to motivate you and inspire you to be your best. If you are not making progress, your coach will challenge you to be more effective. You’ll get a pat on the back when you deserve it.
5. Accountability: When you meet with your coach, you will review the progress you have made towards achieving your goals. The coach will ask you about road blocks you put in your own path and work with you to remove them or detour around them.