The Career Transition Center of Chicago is a volunteer-driven, non-profit organization providing professional assistance to individuals in employment transition. CTC represents an alignment of academic institutions, faith communities, and businesses concerned with supporting people in their search for meaningful employment and sustainable success.
Over the past several years I worked with the Career Transition Center of Chicago providing coaching to job seekers. Laura Sterkel, Program Director, asked me to recommend resources for their coaches related to Social Networking. I am speaking to the group about social networking for a job search this week. Anita Jenke is the Executive Director.
Do you wonder how some people gain direction, focus and momentum in their job search? How do they stay so motivated? What are they doing differently than you are? According to the Wall Street Journal, those who use a career coach find their next job 15%-46% faster than those who do not. Here are five benefits you can receive by hiring a career coach.
photo credit: opensourceway
1. Perspective: At times we can get so wrapped up in our day to day activities that we lose perspective. A coach will offer an outside opinion of how the world perceives you.
2. Assessment: Part of a coach’s job is to keep current on industries and trends. They can advise you on how your current skills align with today’s job market. They will help you learn more about yourself and your passion.
3. Goal Setting: You will define both tactical and strategic goals with your coach as well as a road map to achieve these. Together you will discuss your desired career path and lay out the plans to get you to your destination.
4. Motivation: Your coach is there to motivate you and inspire you to be your best. If you are not making progress, your coach will challenge you to be more effective. You’ll get a pat on the back when you deserve it.
5. Accountability: When you meet with your coach, you will review the progress you have made towards achieving your goals. The coach will ask you about road blocks you put in your own path and work with you to remove them or detour around them.
A big, warm THANK YOU!
Thank you to those who have referred new clients to me. My business is built on word of mouth referrals and I appreciate you. Feel free to give me a call or drop me an email if you know someone who can benefit from working with a coach.
photo credit: barryskeates
Who can benefit from working with me? Whose who are:
- Enthusiastic, and not jaded
- Accountable for your own actions
- Ready for something new in their life
- Need help figuring out the more authentic you
- Want to get more out of life
- Willing to change
- Prepared to work and work hard to achieve your goals
- Understand your will have homework and research to do between our sessions
- Not looking for a magic, quick fix
Does this sound like someone you know?
Ready to learn more about about coaching? Email April or call 414.502.7745 for more information.