Pinterest is a content sharing service where members “pin” images, videos and other objects to their pinboards. Pinterest also has standard social networking features so you can share with your friends. Learn how to set up your Pinterest account. Once you have an account, you can pin your cool finds on the internet.
Many interested patrons attended my Pinterest session at the Algonquin Library. For more information on upcoming sessions, visit our events calendar. Here are 8 top Pinterest tips for beginners to get you started.
- Create unique Pinterest boards for each of your favorite topics. Pin photos and videos about that topic to create a collection.
- Select a cover image that represents the theme of your Pinterest board. Our minds grasp visual concepts faster than text on a page. Be sure readers can tell at a glance what your board is all about.
- Pin clear, easily recognized images for your Pinterest boards. Bright colors and high contrast images are easier on our eyes.
- Describe your images and videos accurately without complex words. Pinterest allows up to 500 characters in the object’s description.
- Include words that invoke emotions and feelings in the reader. Choose colorful terms which inspire the imagination and memories.
- Increase your search engine visibility by using keywords and internet links in your description. Keywords may actually be a phase or group of 2-5 words.
- Post links to your Pinterest pins on your Facebook or Twitter accounts to share them with your friends. Ask others to LIKE and COMMENT on your pins and SHARE your pins with their friends.
- Design a unique visual resume and pin to your Pinerest board. Log on to Pinterest and search “resume” to see some incredibly creative ideas others have showcased their talents and skills.
Using these 8 top Pinterest tips for beginners to create your first Pinterest boards and pin your favorite pictures, movies and more. Click on COMMENTS and post a link to one of your favorite boards. Please tell us why this Pinterest board is your top pick.